APIC "the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Committee" is a Sector Group within Cefic (the European Chemical Industry Council).
To represent the interests of pharmaceutical and chemical companies producing APIs and intermediates in Europe by being recognized experts who advance and influence the global GMP and Regulatory environment.
External Primary Objective:
To promote the use of safe APIs in medicinal products.
Internal Primary Objective:
To be the forum where API manufacturers discuss GMP, RA and other technical issues that affect their business.
Cooperation and Contacts
In order to achieve its mission APIC is in regular contact with national- and intergovernmental bodies, such as:
- European Commission (EC)
- European Medicines Agency (EMEA)
- European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines (EDQM)
- European Parliament (EP)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Council of Europe (CoE)
- Pharmaceutical Inspection Cooperation Scheme (PIC/S)
About Concept Heidelberg
As Europe’s leading advanced training and information services provider in this area CONCEPT HEIDELBERG develops and organises more than 240 seminars and conferences in 11 European countries.
CONCEPT HEIDELBERG has been entrusted by APIC/CEFIC to organise the ICH Q7A Week. This event is co-sponsored by the European Compliance Academy. (www.gmp-compliance.org).
If you have any questions related to this event, please send an e-mail to info (at) concept-heidelberg (dot) de.
For more information about CONCEPT HEIDELBERG: www.concept-heidelberg.de